Monday, March 14, 2011

The Take Over

This will be quite short because it is happening NOW. After class just now I came to the UMC for some lunch and studying. The UMC isn't quiet by any means but I can usually get a table and get shit done. After getting lunch I lucked out and found a nice empty table for me to spread out on. As I sit down an Irish string band starts up... literally. No worries I can put in headphones and still focus. As I'm sitting a hippy in green and a hippy in white begin talking right beside me.
Green hippy: It's pretty crowded today
White hippy: Well we could sit over there (looking towards windows)
Green hippy: Or we could just ask her
I kept my head down hoping that my pretend ignorance would save me from having to be polite. No such luck.
Green hippy: Can we sit here with you?
Me: Yeah for sure *big fake grin* (what I really wanted to say is "No, I'm trying to study and you probably smell").
So the two hippies sit down. My spread out space shrinks. I adjust. A few minutes later another hippy in black shows up, now I'm surrounded. My space went from  my whole table to one fourth of the table. Not only am I surrounded by hippies that are completely invading my space, but they have newspapers, and now they are spreading them out and doing crosswords. Really hippies really? Not only have you invaded my personal space but now you are relaxing in my bubble..... Oh and they have their own personal mugs. I don't know why this is important but it bothers me.

UPDATE: I can't leave I'd be surrendering to their crafty hippy maneuvers. And they are talking about Rhinoceroses and sex. Seriously.

UPDATE: There are now at least 5 open tables and green hippy and hippy in black are still camped out at my table... bouncing it around ruining my handwriting.

No comments:

Post a Comment