Monday, March 14, 2011

Mexico

When I was a Senior in high school my parents made the very poor choice and let me go to Mexico for spring break. There was a group of 5 of us and a "Chaperone" I use the quotes because as much as my parents wanted to believe that there would always be an adult around, there really wasn't. I'm pretty sure our "chaperone" bought some weed and spent the whole trip blazed on the beach. This was careful planning on the part of the high schoolers. We knew he would not stay out to the wee hours of the morning with us and that was the plan. We were trying to get into as much trouble as possible. After making it through the airport with only small issues we arrived at the promise land, where drinking was legal and we were free.
Naturally the first thing we did was get booze. After plenty of drinks our little high school hearts were feeling rambunctious and we had an elevator stairs race.
"I'm not drunk" I hollered carrying a bright pink drink in one hand and a bright blue drink in the other. So we started running and true to form... I ate shit. In my mind it went something like this.
Woah stair snake, it just bit me and now I'm falling.
 Shit I can't waste the drinks.
SAVE THE DRINKS!!!
Unfortunately I did not save the drinks and I ended up with pink and blue sticky syrup and tequila in my eyes and on my face.
It was like alcoholic mace
AHHHHHHH
I thought I would never see again. Fortunately I could see again ten minutes later.
After a shower and horrible food which could have easily been dog in a mexican sauce we were out for the evening.
A cab ride with Ana Kornicovas boyfriend (our cab driver) we arrived at the club and began our drinking. As far as I remember I got thrown up on and drank a lot. Also the bartenders stole my shoes when I did body shots. Yeah I was that trashy drunk white girl and I was loving every second of it.
After the first night of drinking I was wounded and shoeless. The only thing I learned was no tengo zapatos porque baracchas. That means I don't have shoes because I'm drunk. I use that phrase far more than I anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment