Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bumble Bees

So since I just made this blog I'm a little obsessed, also I want to share with the internet how truly terrifying bee's are. For most people bee stings are simply a little painful annoyance. Unfortunately for me they turn me into a swollen creature that looks something like a woodland creature but is actually really gross.
It began on a wednesday afternoon, I know it was a wednesday afternoon because A) it was very traumatic B)It was the farmers market. So there I am at the salsa stand when a damn bee buzzes up and latches onto my eyelashes. I flail and swat at my face managing to only get stung once right under my right eye. I know I'm allergic to bees but I was trying to be optimistic and was like:
"maybe this will only swell up a little" to my roommates who were like "Uh yeah.
Jilian, one of my roommates was like "Hey I need to make a hair appointment can we stop before we go home"
I was like "sure", trying to be optimistic that my face would stop swelling by this point it was just slightly swollen, I could still keep my eyes open and I didn't look like a mutant yet. So we stop by the salon and Jilian runs in, during the course of about ten minutes I guess my eye went from slightly swollen to HOLY SHIT.
Megan (on the phone to Jilian): "uh dude we have to go home, Siobhan can't see out of her eye anymore, it's like swollen shut"
I do know that they love me but this was to much, my pain and swelling was turning into the funniest thing they had witnessed. Trying to not laugh we made it home where I popped Benadryl   after Benadryl to no success
It was time to call mom
Me: mom, I got stung by a bee and my face is swelling up badly
Mom: How bad?
Me: Get on Skype
Mom (now looking on skype): Holy Shit
My logic was that I would sleep and it would be better, my optimism overcoming my fear.
It didn't work
The next day, my glorious roommates invite the boys from upstairs so they could come see the puffed up version of my face.
Roommates: You have to see Siobhan's face.
Me: You guys are ass holes. Then I hid in my room.
Also that night I made waffles.
So the next day I had a class that I had been really lazy about so I could no longer miss. So I put on a hat and tried to hide my face the best I could...
It didn't work
I got stared at, I looked like a creature from the black lagoon. Luckily for one of my friends my deformation helped her. In comparison to me and my balloon face, she looked hot. The guy she like stopped by and was like AH! creature from the black lagoon... Damn Kaelee you are far hotter than your usual smokin self. After a few days of optimism I gave up and went to the hospital.
Doctor: Wow. You almost need an epi-pen. You should have come in right away.
My optimism almost killed me. So you know what it looked like, here... notice the optimistic deformed smile. Moral of the story, if the swelling spreads through your nose and into your mouth... go to the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment